Rustic Cabin Plank
Rustic Cabin Grade of
Wide Plank Flooring Description
· Species: Southern Pine
· Source: Resawn from large beams taken from demolition sites
· Heartwood: can have unlimited sapwood, but overall there will be a good amount of heartwood.
· Grain Density: open and tight grain texture
· Knots: Sound and broken knots
· Holes: Scattered nail / spike holes which may have a lot of dark ferrous stains and may also have larger bolt holes.
· Cracks: Many original stress and aging cracks
· Face Character: Since the lumber is resawn from large timbers, the surface of planks will have no original weathering or saw marks. Because of previous use in some factories etc., you may find some oily stains scattered throughout the planks.
· Color: This cabin grade of Antique Heart Pine does have a wide variation in colors. You will find the characteristic Heart Pine colors of reddish and yellow hues and you will also find the lighter colored sapwood. There are many darker stains from years of use along with ferrous stains around the nail and bolt holes.
· Grain: Mixed patterns
· Milling: Center matched Tongue & Groove profile and squared ends
· Size: Thickness: ¾" Width: 3” - 12” Length: 1’ - 10’ (average length of these planks tend to run a good bit shorter then our other grade.)
· M/C: 8-10% or less